Nonprofit Tax Help

David McRee, CPA

My Sitemap

Alphabetical Sitemap

  • Need help with your nonprofit IRS Form 990? Need to get an IRS late filing penalty removed? Consultations and assistance provided.
  • David McRee, CPA provides Form 990 preparation services, prepares Form 1023 Applications for Tax Exempt Status, and helps nonprofit organizations get relief from late-filing penalties related to Form 990. He also offers consultations to start-up nonprofits seeking tax-exempt status.
  • The IRS has issued on June 8, 2011, Notice 2011-44 which sets out certain guidelines for requesting retroactive reinstatement of tax-exempt status and for demonstrating reasonable cause for late filing.
  • With Revenue Procedure 2014-11, the Internal Revenue Services provides a streamlined procedure for small nonprofit organizations to get retroactive reinstatement of their tax-exempt status. It clarifies procedures for other nonprofits.
  • Tax topics for nonprofits. Essential federal tax topics for nonprofits in the United States of America.
  • How to effectively use certified mail to send tax returns, letters, and other documents to the IRS. Certified mail alone isn't enough. Learn how to make it foolproof!
  • Get 501c3 tax-exempt status for your Amateur Athletic Organization. This comprehensive guide and reference is written in easy-to-understand language, but contains all the technical and legal information you'll need to persuade the IRS that your amateur athletic organization qualifies as a public charity that is eligible to receive tax-deductible donations.
  • The due date of IRS Form 990, Information Return for Tax-Exempt Organizations, depends on when the organization's fiscal year ends, and on whether an extension request has been filed.
  • The due date for IRS Form 990 can be extended for up to six months if the proper extension request is filed on time. It must be done correctly.
  • Many organizations that have a fiscal year ending during a month other than December get confused about which year's Form 990 to use.
  • What do you do if you've discovered that your organization hasn't filed its Form 990 on time. How to handle multiple years' late filings.
  • form-990-filing-thresholds-which-form-to-file.html
  • There are important changes taking place in the nonprofit world related to tax reporting. You need to be aware of these changes or you could lose your tax-exempt status.
  • Hiring a tax professional to prepare your nonprofit's tax filings and exemption application and to give advice is a decision that should not be taken lightly. You should seek out a professional with experience in the nonprofit field.
  • links.html
  • Request a phone consultation with David McRe, CPA regarding your nonprofit organizatin's Form 990 filing, IRS penalty notice, or Form 1023 / 1024 Application for Tax-Exempt Status.
  • IRS Penalty Abatement letters - requesting relief from IRS penalties. If you structure your letter correctly and use the right language, your chances of success are high if you are a good candidate for relief. Learn how!
  • sitemap-page-order.html